Hooray! Our health clinics in Mid-Missouri are growing again! COMC is looking to hire a Clinical Quality Nurse in our Richland location. Our motto at Central Ozarks Medical Center is it’s not just about what we do, but HOW we do it that matters. Your health…our mission. Keep reading this week’s blog to learn more about the position and how to apply for it.
Clinical Quality Nurse
We are expanding our team to serve the needs of our community! Central Ozarks Medical Center (COMC) is excited to announce an opening for a Clinical Quality Nurse. COMC is a non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served Pulaski, Laclede, Camden, and Miller counties for over 40 years with clinics located in Richland, Camdenton, and Osage Beach Missouri. COMC is looking for a team member who is comfortable working with patients from diverse backgrounds. Must be a motivated, self-starter able to quickly adapt to new and changing conditions while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Responsibilities: The Clinical Quality Assurance Nurse (QA Nurse) optimizes quality of care across all health center departments and sites by undertaking efforts to review clinical competency, improve system workflows, identify, and communicate efficiency opportunities and participate in efforts to improve quality care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct supervision to the Quality Nurse Care Manager(s).
- Develops standard competencies for all COMC nurses as it relates to scope of licensure (MA, LPN, RN).
- Sets clinical quality expectations by providing new nurses comprehensive training on clinic workflow appropriate documentation and workflow.
- Completes initial clinical competencies with nursing staff providing feedback, guidance, and additional support as needed.
- Works with clinical managers to ensure yearly clinical competency verification of nursing staff.
- Provides additional uniform training and education to nursing staff as requested by operations.
- Develops and implements a BLS training schedule at each clinic.
- Provides clinical guidance and support to the Nurse Care Managers.
- Participates in monthly quality meetings with various MCO’s to review current standings and patient care gap list.
- Assist in the development of tracking tools to effectively monitor the progress of care gap closure/reimbursement from MCO’s.
- Assist in the development of tracking tools to effectively implement transition of care services for COMC patients.
- Provides guidance to the CQRO on appropriate benchmarks for Nurse Care Managers for closure of care gaps/SOAP notes and patient outreach.
- Participates in patient engagement activity planning and implementation.
- Assists in workflow process improvement, as necessary.
- Participates in workgroup meetings to implement organizational clinical benchmarks and other assigned projects.
- Serves as nursing champion for improving clinical quality measures.
- Assist in updating/creating clinical policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Works with the eCW specialist to identify and implement EHR workflows, create training for clinical staff, problem solve clinical EHR issues and participate in regular data hygiene and mapping workgroups.
- Assist in Transitions of Care, Annual Wellness Visits, SOAP notes, and closing care gaps as time allows.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or experience: Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in Missouri. Experience with electronic health records preferred. Nurse educator experience preferred. Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient and employee base. Preferred: 2-5 years experience in quality improvement, data analysis, regulatory and accreditation activity preferred.
Language Skills: Written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with data and statistical analysis.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Strong training and excellent customer service skills. Good organizational skills to handle multiple priorities while remaining professional and calm. Ability to prioritize, organize, carry out work assignments independently and efficiently and can work independently and be self-directed and flexible. Must be able to make suggestions on workflow or system efficiency and effectiveness.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations will be required. Employee should have a valid Missouri driver’s license. Overnight travel may also be required in specific incidences of training, conferences, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Are You PERFECT For This Position?
All of us here at Central Ozarks Medical Center thank you for taking the time to read our blog today. If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call. All phone numbers can be found on our website at www.CentralOzarks.org. You can also easily apply by visiting the link below:
You can also follow us on our social media channels listed below to stay up to date on our latest announcements and job postings.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties