COMC is very excited to announce that we are growing again! Our health clinic in Richland, MO is looking to hire an IT Support Specialist to join our team. Keep reading this week’s blog to learn more about the position and how to apply. If you know someone who would be PERFECT for this position, please refer them our way.
IT Support Specialist
Richland, MO • Finance
We are expanding our team to serve the needs of our community! Central Ozarks Medical Center (COMC) is excited to announce an opening for a IT Support Specialist. COMC is a non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served Pulaski, Laclede, Camden and Miller counties for over 40 years with clinics located in Richland, Camdenton, and Osage Beach Missouri. COMC is looking for a team member who is comfortable working with patients from a diverse background. Must be a motivated, self-starter able to quickly adapt to new and changing conditions while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Responsibilities: The IT support specialist position installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems; manages contracted telephone system and fiber network; and provides technical advice, training, and support to system user.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as liaison with contracted IT company and various software support companies.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and phones.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
- Monitors and maintains end user help desk tickets.
- Provides updates on status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
- Refers major hardware problems to IT Manager for correction.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training.
- Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Manges email system, backups, and security.
- Runs and maintains networking equipment and lines.
- Assists in creation and follow-through of IT end-user training efforts.
- Updates inventory management documentation.
- Network Administration.
- Server Management
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
Education and/or experience:
- Minimum of one year working in a technical operating capacity.
- Previous experience working on help desk tickets or desktop support preferred.
- Experience in a health/medical related environment preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to IT Manager.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with accounting concepts such as income and expense statements, budgets, and controls on cash such as into and out of COMC for deposit to the bank.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Outgoing personality with strong phone etiquette skills, outstanding customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations will be required. The employee must have a valid Missouri driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.
Do You Know Someone Who Would Be Right For This Position?
If so, please refer them to the following link to apply.
If you have any questions, please give us a call. We can be reached at 877-406-COMC. We take who we hire very seriously because our staff is like family! Be sure to follow us on our social media channels listed below to stay up to date on our latest job postings.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties