Our health clinics at the Lake of the Ozarks are thrilled to be continuously growing! We are excited to announce we are looking to hire a new receptionist at our Richland health clinic. To learn more about this position and how to apply, keep reading this week’s blog. If you have any questions, please call our Richland location at (573) 765-5141.
Richland, MO • Administration
We are expanding our team to serve the needs of our community! Central Ozarks Medical Center (COMC) is excited to announce an opening for a Receptionist. COMC is a non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served Pulaski, Laclede, Camden and Miller counties for over 40 years with clinics located in Richland, Camdenton, and Osage Beach Missouri. COMC is looking for a team member who is a comfortable working with patients from a diverse background. Must be a motivated, self-starter able to quickly adapt to new and changing conditions while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Responsibilities: The Medical Receptionist is responsible for basic clerical tasks such as answering phones, greeting patients and visitors, and scheduling appointments in a professional and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including personal and financial information using electronic medical record system.
- Verifies patient insurance.
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients’ arrival using electronic medical record system.
- Protects patient confidentiality.
- Makes appointments and keeps accurate appointment schedules.
- Efficiently works in electronic medical record system, files and retrieves medical charts.
- Collects and records payments for services.
- Performs daily reconciliation tasks, balances and prepares deposit slip.
- Makes deposit at the end of each business day.
- Properly navigates incoming and outgoing faxes by assigning to appropriate staff.
- Scans and attaches patient documents to proper electronic chart location or assign to appropriate staff member.
- Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person or over the phones.
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized.
- Responds to patients’, prospective patients, and visitor inquiries in a courteous manner.
Qualifications Requirements: The Medical Receptionist must have the ability to plan and organize assignments and be self-motivating. Must possess patience in dealing with all people. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, vendors and all members of the public. Must have computer experience.
Education and/or experience: GED or High School diploma. Previous experience in a medical office desirable.
Language Skills: Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from all customers.
Mathematical Skills: Balancing daily log and bank deposit slip.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Outgoing personality with strong phone etiquette skills, outstanding customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility for the position travel to all COMC locations may be required. Employee must have valid Missouri driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.
Ready To Apply?
Simply visit HERE. If you have any questions about the position, please give us a call today at (573) 765-5141. Our staff is like family here. We take who we hire seriously. If you or someone you know would be perfect for this position, please apply by using the link listed earlier. Be sure to follow us on our social media channels listed below to stay up to date on our latest positions we are hiring for.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties