We are expanding our team to serve the needs of our community in the Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri area! Central Ozarks Medical Center (COMC) is excited to announce an opening for a Certified Peer Support Specialist! If you are looking to start a rewarding career with an incredible team and company, read on to learn more about this position!
We are expanding our team to serve the needs of our community in the Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri area! Central Ozarks Medical Center (COMC) is excited to announce an opening for a Certified Peer Specialist.
COMC is a Missouri non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served Pulaski, Laclede, Camden and Miller counties for over 40 years. Our goal is to provide the highest quality, affordable healthcare to the communities we serve. COMC is looking for a mission-driven team member who is comfortable working with patients with diverse backgrounds. Applicant must be a motivated, self-starter able to quickly adapt to new and changing conditions while maintaining a professional demeanor.
COMC offers a robust compensation and benefits package, (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short-term disability, and retirement). We have an excellent staff and a wonderful patient population. The scenic Lake Ozark area is a great location for raising a family and enjoying a variety of outdoor recreational activities.
Due to the CMS Mandate our staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
The Peer Support Specialist supports and assists individuals who are in the recovery process for substance use disorder. Assists program participants with regaining basic life skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. The Peer Support Specialist will provide the following service activities and interventions. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assist program participants in the development of skills such as daily living, socialization, adaptation, symptom monitoring and management, confidence, behavior and anger management techniques, and relationships as they resume independent living.
· Facilitate individual and group sessions in an open and welcome environment.
· Provide regular direct peer counseling based on personal lived experiences.
· Help participants understand and employ recovery strategies.
· Education and training of participants and others who have a legitimate role in addressing the needs identified in the participant’s provider-issued Person-Centered Plan
· Coordinates activities within the person-centered plan including preventive, and therapeutic interventions, medical appointments, and therapy sessions.
· Support ongoing treatment and functional gains in skills acquisition process.
· Aid in development of community integration, including adaptation to home, school, work and other natural environments
· Generating recovery reviews and performance evaluations to document and track the rehabilitation process.
· Inform the participant about benefits, community resources and services and assist the participant in accessing benefits and services
· Arrange, link, or integrate multiple services as well as assessment and reassessment of the participant’s need for services. Provide coordination of movement across service lines of care, directly to the person/family, Referral linkage and Person-Centered Planning
· Coordinates discharge planning
· Coordinates community re-entry following hospitalization, residential services, and other levels of care
· Assess and support insurance eligibility for patients receiving MAT services
· First Responder crisis response on 24/7/365 basis to consumers experiencing a crisis
· The Peer Support Specialist will be responsible for required documentation
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Requirements: Peer Support Specialist certification required (Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist (CIPSS) or National Certified Peer Specialist (NCPS) certification) or willingness and ability to complete training. Must have the ability to plan and organize assignments and be self-motivating. Must be compassionate and possess patience in dealing with all people. Must communicate effectively with patients and co-workers. Must have personal experience with mental health conditions, substance abuse, or trauma. Must be proficient with computers. Must be able to comply with the requirements of the CMS Mandate regarding COVID-19 vaccination.
Education and/or experience: GED or High School diploma required; Associate degree or higher in Social Services preferred. Thorough knowledge of recovery and community support resources. Previous experience in a behavioral health setting desirable.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate clearly and respond to common inquiries or complaints from all participants.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Highly compassionate and attentive to detail. Outgoing personality with strong phone etiquette and customer service skills. Ability to be on-call for emergencies.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility for the position travel to all COMC locations may be required. Employee must have valid Missouri driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.
Easily Apply Online!
Ready to submit your application and join the Central Ozarks Medical team? You can apply online today! Use this link to apply today! https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1072989
Learn more about COMC on Our Website!
Looking to learn more about how Central Ozarks Medical Center serves our community and why a career with us could be the perfect fit? Head to our website where you will learn all about our mission, the services we provide, our providers, and so much more!
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties