COMC is growing again! It is such a pleasure for our health clinics at the Lake of the Ozarks to be able to announce to you as often as we have been that we are growing! Our mission is to lead the way to HEALTHIER communities. Our staff is such an important part of that mission and we take who we hire seriously. Our staff here is like family. We are looking to hire a Custodian at our Osage Beach location. Keep reading this week’s blog to learn more about this job and how to apply.
Osage Beach, MO
This a permanent position that operates in a professional office environment. This position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining company facilities, including washrooms, meeting rooms, offices, carpet and flooring, furniture, walls, toilets, etc, to ensure a safe and healthy environment for patients and employees.
Applicant must be able to demonstrate understanding of the role and responsibilities to the clinic and be responsive to Central Ozarks Medical Center’s concerns and needs for cleanliness and safety. Must be in good physical condition, able to lift 25lbs and able to perform all duties listed below. Prior experience with custodial operations and equipment is a plus. Appearance must be neat and adhere to dress code requirements. The position is enjoyable but demanding in terms of the energy a successful candidate must commit. Compensation includes competitive hourly pay. Hours for the position are as follows: Monday-Thursday 3pm-9pm, Saturday- 8 Hours (flexibility on Sat/Sun-during clinic closure hours). Total weekly hours: 32.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Sweeps and mops tile floors.
2. Apply wax to coat floors, buff and apply sealant to floors 2 times per year or as needed .
3. Vacuums carpets, and steam clean as needed.
4. Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
5. Cleans and sanitizes restrooms, restocks paper and soap supplies
6. Empties trash receptacles and bags trash for proper disposal; Removes recycling materials
7. May change light bulbs as directed.
8. Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
9. Become familiar with OSHA guidelines
10. Maintains outside walk areas, removes trash from lawn.
11. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
12. Reports any hazards noted or repairs needed to the Operations Manager in a timely fashion
13. May oversee and/or assist with snow removal activities; treat outdoor icy areas with salt.
14. Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
15. Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees
16. Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation
17. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Ability to understand verbal instructions.
· Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
· Ability to operate vacuums and other related equipment.
· Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
· Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
· Ability to lift and manipulate up to 25 Lbs.
· Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
· Ability to understand written and verbal communications.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA protocol.
· Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Education and/or experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Work experience as custodian, janitor, or a similar role
· Working knowledge of OSHA Guidelines preferred
· Working knowledge of HIPAA protocol
· Knowledge of safety protocols such as disposal of chemicals and other hazardous items
· Comfortable with basic maintenance tasks
· Detail oriented and conscientiousness
Other Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to various areas of the region is required. Employee must have valid Missouri driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of COMC proprietary information is mandatory. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hours are flexible as approved by the CEO with increased hours for weekends and evenings during special events.
You may apply for this position by visit HERE. From there you will select the Apply button and you will be directed to the application. If you have any questions, please give us a call. Our phone numbers are listed below. You will also find our social media channels listed below too. Follows us to stay up to date on our latest announcements.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
For Appointments Call:
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties